Fourth Edition CRISS Manual. The CRISS Training manual is available only with a Level I training. It is not for sale by itself. To learn more about the Level I training—click here.
To read and print these documents, you must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF) software installed on your computer. Download the current Adobe Acrobat Reader version suitable for your system by clicking on this button.
NEWSLETTERS and FEATURED ARTICLES
- Spring 2012 Comments from CRISS - In this issue of Comments from CRISS, learn how CRISS-trained teachers use a variety of strategies to facilitate deep content learning for students in STEM courses.
- Fall 2012 Comments from CRISS - In the Fall 2012 Comments , we share essential information regarding the Common Core standards to help you integrate them into your classrooms alongside Project CRISS. National Trainers share with us how CRISS is being used in second grade classrooms to … Continue reading
- Winter 2013 Comments from CRISS - In this issue of Comments from CRISS… We share two CRISS Framework for Teaching plans that touch on technology; one focusing on a strategy called Deep Viewing, and one using Mobi tablets. Additionally, teachers from a Florida district share with us … Continue reading
- Featured articles from previous newsletters. Browse the many topical articles archived from past newsletters—click here.
PUBLICATIONS – Informational
- Connections to Other Initiatives - CONNECTIONS TO OTHER INITIATIVES 6 + 1 Trait? Writing Instruction Project CRISS Connections with 6 + 1 Trait? Writing Instruction Daggett’s Rigor/Relevance Framework Confessions of a Good Teacher Deeper Reading (Gallagher) Draft Reading for Deeper Comprehension English Language Learners Project … Continue reading
- CRISS Learning Principles - CRISS LEARNING PRINCIPLES Nine Tips for Creating Self-Directed Learners Background Knowledge Background Knowledge Check CRISS Applications to Mathematics Instruction CRISS Basics in the Classroom Students Plan Strategy Use The Learning Process Packet–a Model for Student Independence The Springboard to Deep … Continue reading
- Other Connections - OTHER CONNECTIONS Textbook Publishers Publishers and CRISS–Forming Learning Connections Back to top
PUBLICATIONS – Curriculum and Support
- CRISS for Students. Project CRISS for Students: It’s a Brain Thing ~ Learning How to Learn! is a semester curriculum designed to teach the CRISS principles and strategies directly to students. This curriculum is appropriate for students in grades 6-9. Overview and sample chapter—click here.
- CRISS for Administrators.This administrators booklet, plus video on CD-ROM and a DVD, provides guidance to administrators and CRISS implementation teams on how to plan, implement, and maintain Project CRISS in a school or district. Overview and samples—click here.
- CRISS Cornerstones.The Cornerstones booklet and accompanying video on CD-ROM provide on-going support for teacher teams in Project CRISS implementation. Overview and samples—click here.
- Project CRISS for Parents. The Project CRISS for Parents flipbook and workshop acquaint parents with the learning principles and ten of the strategies their students are using in class. Overview and samples—click here.
- CRISS for Homeschool Parents. This booklet provides guidance to parent educators who home school their children by helping them incorporate the CRISS principles and strategies into their children’s learning experiences. Overview, samples, and order form—click here.
Back to top